Coca-Cola is natural?
I don’t drink it, my family doesn’t drink it, but millions do.
And if you believe the latest “Pemberton” ads, it’s got “No added preservatives. No artificial flavors. Never had it. Never will.”.
Watch the video here: Pemberton ad by Coca-Cola
What a load of malarkey!
Find out about Coca-Cola’s corporate abuses:
Coke also owns Odwalla juices among its 450 brands, so buy a juicer or a find a local juice bar instead of giving Coke your money. Read up on greenwashing with the World Wildlife Fund (to the tune of $20 million).
In related news:
- FDA refuses to regulate the use of the “natural” claim on food packaging (Cornucopia Institute)
- The Beverage Institute for Health and Wellness (Coca-Cola) says: “The belief that drinking water is essential to maintaining hydration status is a common misperception”, and “although the body needs water, it doesn’t need drinking water per se as long as adequate amounts of other beverages are consumed.”
- The American Beverage Institute says: “Dietary glucose and fructose may be processed differently; however, the source of these simple sugars, whether from sucrose or HFCS, does not matter to the body. Obesity is caused by an imbalance in energy intake and energy output. Thus, too many calories and not enough exercise are the primary factors contributing to obesity. No one sweetener or single food can be blamed for causing obesity.” (Source- American Beverage Institute)
- HFCSfacts.com, a front group for the Corn Refiners Association, is a great source of high fructose corn syrup propaganda, like “HFCS is natural“, and “HFCS is metabolized by the body in the same way as honey, sugar, and fruit.“
- The Weston A. Price Foundation has a few articles on HFCS: The Murky World of High-Fructose Corn Syrup, and The Double Danger of High Fructose Corn Syrup.
- The FDA says HFCS is natural
Keep your kids off HFCS, say no to Coke, and read your labels carefully!