Vegan Coconut Almond Muffins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix together the dry ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cup organic unbleached flour
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup organic sugar or sucanat
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Add the wet ingredients stirring gently until just mixed:
- 3/4 cup organic coconut milk
- [amazon_link id=”B0014DZGUQ” target=”_blank” ]egg replacer[/amazon_link] equivalent to 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup organic olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- zest of one small orange (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
Fill 12 muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes. Check with a toothpick.
This recipe is adapted from [amazon_link id=”1551521288″ target=”_blank” ]The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan Again![/amazon_link].