I am finally in the habit of taking my reusable bags in every store, not just the grocery store! It was one of my “eco-sins” for awhile, as I could never remember them, but I finally have a system.
They key to remembering to use reusable bags is to have plenty of them! We were just sent a great bag by ReUseThisBag.com . The bag is very sturdy and washable.
Here’s my system for remembering my bags:
- Keep plenty of bags in the car at all times.
- If you forget to bring a bag in a store, you either have to go back to the car or simply carry your goods out in the cart or by hand.
- When you bring your bags inside the house, put them in the laundry to be washed.
- Have a large basket by the door where you keep the clean bags.
- When headed to the car, restock your supply.