I couldn’t help it. You see there was this box of TV dinner looking things. They’re frozen meals that look an awful lot like a Lean Cuisine (with some important differences I’ll get to soon), so I thought that I’d rather not give it to the kids straight away. I thought I’d try it myself.
Honestly, I do not like frozen, prepackaged food. I don’t trust it and I don’t want to eat it. I certainly don’t want to put most of what’s in the freezer section into my kids.
I was pleasantly surprised. It tasted like real food.
Pretty good stuff. A little bland (duh, it’s made for a toddler not a SAHM that enjoys Vindaloo). The portions are perfect and the nutrition? Perfection.
When my kids were toddlers I tried making meals for all of us to enjoy together. In theory, smaller bites of what I was eating would be perfect for them. Ya know what? Sometimes Momma wants hot wings, or ribs. Sometimes Mommy and Daddy want to feed the little stinkers early and send them to bed so Mommy and Daddy can *talk* privately.
Sometimes your child is ready for lunch at 3 in the afternoon. That is not the moment in time to whip up a meal. I cook, it’s what I’m good at, using the occasional pre-packaged meal does not make you a maternal failure. Plum Organics (unlike other quick foods) offers a tray that can be microwaved or (for the more sensitive of us) put in the oven.
I like Plum Organics for the taste and texture. What I really love is that they are practicing what I preach:
* Organic ingredients are flash frozen to retain the most nutrients, enzymes, flavor and texture. No worries about bacteria, yeasts, and molds that can form when a product sits on the shelf for a long time!
* No artificial sweeteners, colors or flavors. Non-GMO Soy! Plus no Trans Fat and low levels of sodium.
* Organic dairy ensures that meals are free from unnecessary and potentially dangerous hormones and antibiotics
* Essential nutrients for the growing child – rich in Vitamin K, A and C, and tons of protein and iron
* Eco-Friendly Packaging & Process –
Packaged in 100% carbon neutral paperboard: created from 100% recycled materials and using 100% clean energy to produce. Biodegradable and compostable tray (first of its kind) made from annually renewable materials. No fossil fuels used in production process to create the tray!