Sometimes, you got to live large and make a truly decadent dessert. That’s what I did this week. It takes some advance planning, but it is well worth the wait.
Organic Chocolate Mousse Pie:
- 4 cups of [amazon_link id=”B000E48IP6″ target=”_blank” ]organic animal cookies[/amazon_link], [amazon_link id=”B000E3XCOE” target=”_blank” ]graham crackers[/amazon_link], or [amazon_link id=”B00027CE2S” target=”_blank” ]chocolate sandwich cookies[/amazon_link].
- 1/4 cup room temperature organic butter
Combine cookies and butter in a blender. Press crumbly mix into a buttered, spring form pan with high sides (2 3/4 inch tall). Bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F. Allow to cool completely.
In a food processor, combine:
- 1 bag [amazon_link id=”B003Z3XR68″ target=”_blank” ]semisweet organic chocolate chips[/amazon_link]
- 1 teaspoon [amazon_link id=”B001XWRGS8″ target=”_blank” ]organic vanilla[/amazon_link]
- Pinch of salt
Bring to a gentle boil:
- 1 cup organic heavy whipping cream
Add hot cream to the food processor until the chocolate is melted. Allow to cool completely.
Mix until very stiff:
- 2 cups organic heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup [amazon_link id=”B000E9WB8G” target=”_blank” ]organic sugar[/amazon_link]
Fold chocolate mixture into cream, pour into crust. Chill for six hours. Decorate the top how you wish (more whipped cream, raspberries, [amazon_link id=”B000F4D5PI” target=”_blank” ]organic chocolate sprinkles[/amazon_link] pictured above). Remove spring from pan, and enjoy the decadence!
This recipe was adapted from Epicurious.
Leave a Reply