If you are a parent who’s serious about raising your child in an eco-friendly environment, finding all-natural toys, clothing, food and other products can be exciting! You would search to the ends of the earth to find products that promote healthy living and will not pollute the environment.
Qualifications of Eco-friendly Children’s Products
Eco-friendly children’s products must meet specific criteria:
• Promotes human and environmental safety
• Food must use raised or grown organic ingredients without toxic pesticides or herbicides
• Recycled materials – wood, glass, plastic or metal
What to Look For
Eco-friendly children’s products include food, clothing, diapers, baby wipes, toys, arts and crafts supplies, bath and skin care items and safe household cleaning products. Thanks to HoursMap, it is now possible to search for stores and restaurants that carry these products and food that you and your children will love.
Eco-friendly Children’s Products
Here are some popular children’s products that are considered eco-friendly:
Gerber Organic Second Foods Baby Food Pouches
Packaged in convenient 2-serving squeezable pouches, these foods are prepared with 100% natural fruit and vegetables that are USDA certified organic.
Happy Baby Organic Foods
For babies more than 7 months old, Happy Baby 100 percent organic meals come in 4-oz. pouches. The food is gluten free and has no added sugars, soy or dairy products. No pesticides, GMOs or chemical fertilizers are used.
Seventh Generation/Wee Generation Baby Products
Seventh Generation produces chemical-free cleaning products that are safe for children. Wee Generation has a line of baby products that are non-toxic including diapers that are free of chlorine.
Mighty Shield Bug Repellant Lotion by Episencial’s Babytime
This organic repellant is fortified with essential oils, plant nectars, natural antibiotics and anti-inflammatory agents to soothe the skin and keep babies bug free. The product is 100 percent DEET-free. Babytime also carries natural organic creams, lotions and shampoos.
Here are some of the neatest arts and crafts items on the eco-friendly market:
• Eco-Crayons: Shaped like rocks, eco-crayons are easy for small hands to manipulate. Six earth-tone colors are made from bees wax and plant and vegetable extracts such as beets, carrots, red cabbage and spinach.
• Eco-Dough: Developed from 100 percent natural ingredients such as plant, vegetable and fruit extracts from the likes of blueberries, purple sweet potato, paprika and various oils. They are available in vibrant and earth tone colors.
• Eco-Build-a-Block Set: Set a child’s imagination in motion with big building blocks made from recycled cardboard.
• Eco-Glue: For use in arts and crafts projects, Eco-Glue works perfectly on cardboard, paper, construction paper and lightweight wood such as Popsicle sticks. The product is made by hand with ingredients such as water, sugar, rice flour, citric acid and rosemary oil.
All-natural resources were placed on the planet for your use. Incredible advances are being made in 100 percent organic and all natural products which protect the environment and will assure you that your children will be protected from harmful ingredients.