My kids love to make muffins, and one of their favorite vegan recipes is for chocolate chip muffins. We like to put a special dash of bran on the bottom and a dash of coconut on top for an extra treat. If you’ve never tried chocolate chips in a muffin, you will be pleasantly surprised! These muffins are quick and easy to make, but be warned: they will be eaten up quickly!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine in a large bowl in the following order. Be careful not to overmix:
- 1 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- Egg Replacer equivalent to two eggs
- 1/4 cup organic canola oil
- 3/4 cup sour soymilk (add 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar to the soymilk to make it sour)
- 1 cup organic, vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup organic chopped pecans
In the bottom of each muffin cup, sprinkle bran, fill with muffin batter, then sprinkle the top with organic coconut. Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool before eating and enjoy!
Makes 12 muffins.
cal orey says
Love it. What’s not to love? I am a vegan. Canola oil works for me. And chocolate? Ah, as the author of a book on chocolate due out at the end of the year, gotta embrace these vegan chocolate chips. Hold the phone! Cocoa percentage? 60% plus, yes?
Oh! Fantastic, the girls and I will make these today ! 🙂