Ju-Ju-Be’s motto is “Smart bags for smart people”. Just what makes these bags so smart? Ju-Ju-Be has thought of the small details, such as magnetic closures instead of velcro and Thinsulate bottle pockets in the diaper bag. The reversible bib also comes in a handy pouch that would be great for tossing in a purse when going out to dinner. Where I think these products may lose some intelligence is in the chemical treatment of the fabrics.
We were sent the following two products to try:
Ju Ju Be Be All Diaper Bag
– deep & smart organization
– picture pocket to keep photos handy when bragging to friends
– “crumb drains” get rid of the mess so it doesn’t stay in your bag
– adjustable strap includes a top-notch shoulder pad with memory foam and a grippy textile underneath…no more straps sliding off your shoulders.
– mommy pocket with extra-long key clip and cosmetics pouch
– sunglasses case that you can use to clean and store your lenses
– separate diaper changing station that includes a mess shuttle. No more digging for supplies, they’re all in one place!
– swivel attachment points for BeConnected stroller clips (sold separately)
– Teflon … so stains don’t stick.
– AgION … nature’s antimicrobial treatment. No one likes yukky things that grow in the dark.
– Memory foam changing pad … nice ‘n comfy, super cushy.
– Metal Hardware … we don’t trust any of the cheap plastic stuff.
– Mommy Pocket … get organized!
– Light Colored Linings … you can actually see what’s inside, it’s not just a big black hole in there.
– Quiet Magnets … Velcro’s noisy. Yuck!
– Bottle Pockets … with Thinsulate by 3M. keep it warm? keep it cold? sure!
– Machine Washable … air dry.
– magnetic closure to make for easy on-off
– crumb catcher pocket on the bottom.
– soft and flexible so baby is comfy
– machine wash/air dry
– Teflon … so stains don’t stick.
– AgION Antimicrobial Linings… kills germs, mold, mildew, fungus, bacteria, and other bad stuff.
What makes these products eco-friendly? I am not sure. I am concerned about Teflon coated fabric, and I don’t like the way it feels. I am sure it makes cleans ups easier, but it sure feels slippery and vinyl like. I do adore the fabric choices for these products, as they are bold and beautiful. I am also not a fan of antimicrobials, naturally-derived or not, which I suspect involves silver nanoparticles.
Ju-Ju-Be does make a line of “Earth Leather“, but we were not sent any of these products. The company does support Breast Cancer Awareness:
“Thousands of dollars of “Our” money (“our” means “you” plus “us”) goes toward breast cancer initiatives ranging from cure research to providing mammograms for the underprivileged. We’re proud to give back, you should be too!”
Would you buy these products? No. $120 is expensive for the diaper bag, and I never worried about stains when it came to bibs. I would choose products made from organic fabric over those treated with teflon any day. Ju-Ju-Be does explain their use of these fabric treatments, such as saving energy by reducing the need for washing; however, I just don’t buy it.
Disclosure: The products described above were sent to us as free samples, unless noted differently in the review. Prior assurances as to the nature of the reviews, whether positive or negative, were not given. No financial payments were accepted in exchange for the reviews. The reviews reflect our honest, authentic opinions.
Leave a Reply