One of the benefits of having friends on cleanse, but not actually be on a cleanse yourself, is they share new healthy recipes. I just learned how to and made chia seed pudding. It is super easy! It’s amazing how just soaking the chia seeds overnight creates a pudding consistency.
Raw Vegan Desserts: Superfood Chia Seed, Almond Milk, Date, Coconut Pudding Recipe
Combine ingredients in a quart jar, shake it up, and chill overnight.
- 2/3 cup [amazon_link id=”B009AH7OU8″ target=”_blank” ]chia seeds[/amazon_link]
- 2 cups almond milk (best if homemade)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-8 dates (depending on how sweet you want your pudding)
- 2 Tablespoons dried coconut
Yesterday, I ate some chia pudding I made the other day. I used four dates, and I didn’t feel it was sweet enough. I added some homemade almond butter and more dates, and it was delicious!
Image: Chia Seeds On A Spoon on Bigstock
This recipe is adapted from Whole Foods.