This recipe is oil free, healthy, and fast, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Macadamia Vegan Cookies, A.K.A heaven in my mouth. Chocolate and peanut butter are my two favorite flavors together. Period. In my mind, nothing can be better. I have a serious peanut butter problem. Consuming a jar in two days is almost normal.
My cookies aren’t the prettiest due to the fact that I plopped them on the baking sheet instead of making them disc shaped. They don’t contain butter or oil like traditional cookies, so they don’t melt. They still taste great though!
These cookies are really good. They are quickly becoming one of my most made recipes, due to how quickly they come together, how healthy they are, and how delicious they taste. My Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookies are oil free, contain lots of healthy fats, whole wheat flour, and are animal product free.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 chilled peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp groud flax or hemp seeds
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts(optional)
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl mix together the peanut butter and sugars utill it loosk creamy. Add in the flaxseed, almond milk, and vanilla until almost mixed.
- When its almost mixed up add in the flour mixgture slowly. Mix it until there are no more dry spots. Fold in the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour or for up to 2 days. OR stick it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out spoonfuls of dough and press down with a fork into about a 2 inch wide cookie*
- Bake for about 13-17 minutes, or until golden on the bottom. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before consuming.
- *Because these are oil free, they don't "melt" as traditional cookies do so press dough about as thin as you want your cookies.