Gluten Free Vegan Scone Recipe
Use any kind of berries or chocolate chips in this recipe. Easy to make and sure to delight!
Write a review
- 2 1/4 cups bobs red mill 1 to 1 gf flour*
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup safflower oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, blueberries, chopped strawberries, or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, sift together flour, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Drizzle in safflower oil and mix until well dispersed (dough will look lumpy)
- Mix together almond milk, vinegar and vanilla in small bowl, then pour over flour mixture. Gently blend dough until just comes together.
- Fold in blackberries. Be careful to not overmix.
- On lightly floured surface, place dough. Gently pat into 9-inch circle, about 1 inch thick. Using pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut dough into 8 triangles.
- Place scones on prepared baking pan. Brush tops with remaining almond milk and sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Bake scones 17-20 minutes. If desired, turn oven to broil during last 4 minutes of baking time to get golden brown and caramelized top.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly on cooling rack. Store in airtight container 1-2 days.
- *(optional) Replace ¼ cup of the 1 to 1 flour with buckwheat flour for a more whole grain option
Eco Child's Play https://ecochildsplay.com/
These scones are so yummy. You might want to make a double batch!