What could be better on a warm day than a cold, refreshing glass of gorgeously colored lemon blackberry hibiscus sun tea? Not much, in my humble opinion.
Sun tea is considered to have many benefits, from the fact that you don’t have to turn on the stove, to the many increased health benefits of cold-brewing it. Green tea is known to contain many healthy antioxidants, speed up metabolism, aid in fat loss, reduce the risks of cancer, and improve brain functions. Basically, you should be drinking more of the stuff.
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 green tea bags
- 1 lemon
- a few sprigs of mint(optional garnish)
- maple syrup, honey, or agave(optional)
- 1 gallon jar
- Fill your gallon jar up with water and add blackberries, green tea, hibiscus flowers, and slices of lemon.
- Let sit in the sun for 2-3 hours OR overnight in the fridge
- Pour over ice, add mint, and sweeten if desired. Enjoy!