This recipe is a gluten-free version of No Knead Bread. It works the same. I like to make the dough the night before and bake in the morning. This bread is a long process, but it doesn’t involve much labor. It smells so good baking in the oven! The crust is amazing!
- 3 cups 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour (I used Cup4Cup
- 1/4 teaspoon active baking yeast
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons water
- Seeds (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Let sit for 12-19 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface with lightly floured hands, sprinkle a little flour on the dough, and fold a few times.
- Let rise for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle a kitchen towel with cornmeal.
- Place the dough in ball form on the towel.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with cornmeal and any seeds you may wish to use.
- Cover with the towel. Let rise for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place a cast iron dutch oven for at least 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Place the dough in the hot dutch oven. Shake to distribute the dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the lid and back another 5.