When non-stick cookware was first introduced in the 1950s, the convenience of cleaning pots and pans after cooking was revolutionary. Unfortunately, the chemicals used to create this slippery surface are toxic to humans (and pet birds). In fact, 99% of Americans’ bodies are contaminated with toxic PFOA. Fortunately, there are safer solutions for non-stick cooking.
We were sent a skillet from Joan Lunden’s line of cookware called Twiztt.
- Thermolon™ healthy ceramic non-stick coating for maximum convenience.
- Stainless steel lid with adjustable steam release knob.
- Colorful melamine bowl provides stove-to-table presentation: keeps food warm / functions as safe pot holder / doubles as serving & mixing bowl.
- Bamboo chopping board, fits perfectly on the melamine bowl making it easy
to collect food for preperationQUALITY
- High end stainless steel materials with extra thick base and aluminum core for even heat distribution.
- Skillet is suitable for all cook tops, including INDUCTION and oven safe.
- Lid is oven safe up to 356°F, bowl is temperature-resistant between -4F° and 248°F.
- Dishwasher safe (except cutting board).EVERY PRODUCT TELLS A STORYCovered braising is a well-known technique performed by chefs worldwide. The TWIZTT™ skillet is specially developed for this technique: wait for the food to finish searing and for juices to begin accumulating before covering the skillet with the lid. The lid transforms high heat sautéing into a combination of boiling and steaming. In the end sauces can be slowly reduced by opening the steam-vent.