The HopeFULL company began in order to help out a dear friend who had been diagnosed with Leukemia.
Like many people undergoing chemotherapy treatments, eating was no longer an enjoyable activity for our friend. She struggled to find foods that she could tolerate and that would give her enough calories and nutrition. Knowing we both made homemade baby food for our children, she asked us to make her meals which were small in portion, packed with nutrition and without strong flavors. We were thrilled to help and dove enthusiastically into the project.
A week later we delivered our frozen “whole-food pops” (now known as HopeFULLs) to our friend, each with a unique message of hope. The HopeFULLs satisfied her pallet, soothed her mouth sores and filled her tummy with healthy fat, protein, calories and nutrients when she needed it most. We also brought with us a message of hope and peace.
This inspiration has continued and expanded to include a line for children called BellyFull.
The BellyFULL Kit makes it easy to introduce whole foods to young children in an adventurous, playful way. BellyFULLs make eating whole foods fun for kids, and preparing them together can create memories which will last a lifetime.
BellyFULL Recipe Book
- Twenty simple and easy to prepare recipes (detachable by ring)
- Step-by-step instructions and helpful tips
- Full color photos of recipes and ingredients
- Nutritional information included for each recipe
- “Kids Can” section, offering fun, safe ways for children 4 and older to help make BellyFULLs
HopeFULL Silicone Mold
- 100% food grade USA silicone
- BPA, PVC and Phthalate free
- Dishwasher, microwave, oven and freezer safe
- Makes 8 HopeFULLs (1.75 oz. each)
- Additional HopeFULL Freezer Trays can be purchased separately
Birch Wood Spoon Sticks
- 4.5″ long, Grade-A 100% Birch Wood
- Tasteless, odorless and very smooth
- Compost-able and biodegradable
- Perfect size to support a frozen BellyFULL or to spoon a small dish of warmed BellyFULLs
- Additional sets of 100 spoon sticks can be purchased separately
BellyFULL Chef Hat
- Heavy 7.5 oz Spun Poly Twill
- Looks, breathes and feels like 100% cotton
- Stain resistant and great washability with no shrinkage
- Velcro adjustable closure
- 8″ – 21.5″ Circumference
- embroidered BellyFULL logo and tag line “eat happily ever after”
I can see my kids really getting into these pops! I especially like how the little recipe book is kid-friendly. If they make it, they are more likely to eat, and it is one less thing for me to do!
Obviously, any child would benefit from these recipes, not just picky eaters or those that are medically sensitive. Many of the recipes include infant rice cereal, and really, I don’t know why we don’t continue to use it in recipes after our toddlers make the switch to whole foods. Rice really is easy to digest, which is the whole point of these recipes. I also like how the wooden spoons are used as handles for the frozen pops, and of course, you can use the silicone molds with any recipe.
Also included in the recipes are sections on “MindFULL Eating” and “Merry Berry Meditation”. In our rushed lives, we often shovel our food in without being mindful. It is something that we all need to practice and is important to instill in our children at an early age.
Disclosure: I was sent free samples of these products to review. No prior assurances were given as to whether the review would be positive or negative.