You don’t have to eat crappy food. There are so many yummy organic and natural treats to be had for snacking, that junk food doesn’t have to be junk.
Junk food really is bad for you. There are many, many reasons. Refinery 29 explains:
Fat, Sick, And Nearly Dead
Insulin is the hormone responsible for getting sugar out of the blood. First, it stores it in the liver and muscles as glycogen, and once they’re full, the rest goes to fat. In addition to fat storage, insulin has another unhappy side effect: It often overshoots the mark and drags your blood sugar too low. Ever experienced that junk-food phenomena where no matter what you eat, you’re hungry two hours later? This is what’s called the blood-sugar “crash” says Dr. Lottor. Typically, when people crash, they reach for more of the sweet stuff, or caffeine (which also raises your blood sugar), or both, which puts them right back on the blood-sugar roller coaster.
What’s so bad around riding high? You do this too long and you could develop insulin resistance explains Dr. Lottor. This is a condition where there’s so much insulin in your blood, your cells become resistant to it. They close their doors. Insulin can’t get sugar into the cells so the sugar stays in the blood. The brain senses this and continues to tell the pancreas to keep pumping out this hormone that can’t go anywhere. Ultimately the pancreas gives out and stops producing insulin, a.k.a: Type II Diabetes. But, it doesn’t stop there: Insulin resistance has also been linked to stroke, heart disease, hypertension and even cancer. Sugar is no joke.
UrthBox offers a solution.
UrthBox is all about the ongoing discovery of healthy new products. Every month we’ll help you discover safe, healthy and natural products from trustworthy brands that you can purchase at your local stores or at the UrthBox Shop.
In Classic, Gluten-Free, Vegan and Diet box options, we’ll send you foods, beverages, snacks, personal care products that are non-GMO, Organic and All Natural focused right to your door every month. And…. shipping is always free.
Our UrthBox contained the following products:
- [amazon_link id=”B00CMQD8PY” target=”_blank” ]Mrs. May’s Crunch, Almond[/amazon_link]
- [amazon_link id=”B003FDC2I2″ target=”_blank” ]Orgain Organic Sweet Vanilla Bean[/amazon_link]
- [amazon_link id=”B005G2FC50″ target=”_blank” ]CoCo Libre Organic Coconut Water[/amazon_link]
- [amazon_link id=”B00608FLY6″ target=”_blank” ]Popchips, Chili Lime[/amazon_link]
- [amazon_link id=”B00D2Y2P40″ target=”_blank” ]Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps Jalapeno Jack Bold & Spicy [/amazon_link]
- [amazon_link id=”B00B97A4FO” target=”_blank” ]Probar Bolt, Organic Energy Chews, Strawberry[/amazon_link]
- [amazon_link id=”B008EM51FA” target=”_blank” ]Prince of Peace Instant Ginger Honey Crystals[/amazon_link]
- [amazon_link id=”B004IJM4P8″ target=”_blank” ]Lenny & Larry’s The Complete Cookie, Oatmeal Raisin[/amazon_link]
- [amazon_link id=”B000P504ZG” target=”_blank” ]Pure Bar Organic Wild Blueberry, Raw Fruit & Nut Bar[/amazon_link]
- [amazon_link id=”B0067EQF9I” target=”_blank” ]PUR Wintergreen gum[/amazon_link]
- [amazon_link id=”B003XMDECS” target=”_blank” ]Twinings French Vanilla Chai[/amazon_link]
It’s amazing what UrthBox can fit in one box! Some of these brands I was familiar with and some were new to me. Mrs. May’s Almond Crunch was my favorite.
These products are all natural, but I wish they were all organic.
These are good transition products to get you away from junk food, but truth be told, the best snack for you would be an apple or some nuts.
Disclosure: The products described above were sent to us as free samples. Prior assurances as to the nature of the reviews, whether positive or negative, were not given. No financial payments were accepted in exchange for the reviews. The reviews reflect our honest, authentic opinions.
Leave a Reply