Did you know?
- The average baby goes through 3000 disposable diapers a year
- Just 15 cloth diapers can replace 3000 disosable diapers
- Every year, 20 billion disposable diapers end up in landfills
- A disposable diaper takes 500 years to decompose
- 15% of all US waste is disposable diapers
- Cloth diapers save families an average of $9001)https://www.bambinomio.com/usa/
Despite these staggering facts, parents will choose what diaper is convenient for their lifestyles. Unfortunately, many parents don’t know how easy cloth diapers can be!
Many parents are intimidated by cloth diapers. Some start out with good intentions to use cloth diapers, but they get frustrated different systems, bulkiness, and ease.
The cloth diaper debate will be won on convenience. We have found the winner.
We discovered cloth all-in-one and swim diapers that are so easy and trouble-free. I wish I had these diapers when my children were babies.
The Bambino Miosolo is an all-in-one diaper. Unlike the cloth diapers I used with my babies that involved a cloth insert and outer cover, these diapers are not bulky. Best of all, they stay in place. Cloth inserts move around, especially as babies start to crawl. The cotton inserts aren’t in the right place when the baby does his/her business.
Another amazing feature of the Miosolo is that one size fits your child for their entire diapering years! It is adjustable and grows with your child. That saves a lot of money as you don’t need to buy new covers or diapers as your child grows.
- Onesize* diaper, allowing the diaper to grow with baby from birth through to potty training.
- The size of the diaper can be changed using the adjustable snaps and velcro style fastenings to suit the shape of your little one.
- Concealed super absorbent core and stay-dry inner layer keep moisture away from your baby’s delicate skin, leaving it cool and dry.
- Stretchy water resistant outer fabric for even the most active babies.
- Unique pull out tab system makes removing the core from inside the diaper as simple as possible – this improves laundry performance and speeds up drying time.
- Super stay soft fabric remains soft wash after wash, providing the most comfortable diaper for your baby’s bottom.
- Available in a range of funky colors & prints
- Made from 100% polyester laminated to polyurethane, inner: 100% polyester, core: 85% polyester, 15% nylon.2)https://www.bambinomio.com/usa/miosolo-diaper
Each Miosolo diaper costs about $20 or you can get a set for $120. This is very affordable considering disposable diapers cost on average $1,600 to $2,500 per child before toilet learning is complete.3)https://www.aol.com/article/2011/02/08/disposable-vs-reusable-diapers-how-to-save/19825852/ 4)http://ecochildsplay.com/2007/01/13/every-baby-should-wear-cloth-diapers/
Did you know that cloth diapers are actually better for your baby?
Disposable diapers contain absorbent chemicals. The skin is the largest organ in the human body and absorbs chemicals directly into the blood stream. The list of chemicals is scary to imagine near your baby’s fresh skin and in our landfills. Livestrong explains:
Though they are commonly used, synthetic, single-use diapers often contain chemicals, such as dioxins, that are linked to long-term health conditions (World Health Organization, 2010). A study published in the “Archives of Environmental Health” in 1999 states that disposable diapers should be considered to be a factor that may cause or worsen childhood asthma and respiratory problems. The soft, sensitive skin of babies is also prone to rashes and allergic reactions due to the chemicals in disposable diapers.5)http://www.livestrong.com/article/111348-chemicals-disposable-diapers/
Keeping baby’s bottom dry is important for prevention of diaper rash. Miosolo all-in-one cloth diapers are made of a super absorbent fabric. Although this fabric is synthetic and not all natural, it is still a superior choice to disposable diapers. The synthetic fabric is what makes these diapers so easy to use and hold up to repeated washings. The cotton inserts and wool covers I used were bulky. At times we worried about how the bulk was taking our baby’s spine out of alignment, especially when we double diapered at night.
We were also sent Bambino Mio’s swim diaper. These reusable swim diapers have cute prints and a draw string waist to keep them up when wet. They are super affordable at around $10.
- Easy to use and is the ultimate solution for your baby in the water as no additional diaper needs to be worn with this product.
- Concealed water resistant layer and leak-proof leg cuffs offer containment while in the water.*
- Super soft cotton terry lining is beautifully soft against your baby’s skin.
- Drawstring waistband means it’s easy to put on and is comfortable and secure.
- Made from a lightweight fabric so it doesn’t weigh your baby down in the pool.
- Machine washable and can be tumble dried.
- Made from 80% cotton, 20% polyester, inner laminated to polyurethane. Outer 100% polyester
*Containment of solids only. For hygiene reasons swimming pools require that babies wear suitable protection – normal suits offer no protection and ordinary diapers hold water, weighing the baby down.6)https://www.bambinomio.com/usa/swim/swim-diaper
Although we consider swim diapers to not be a baby essential because they do not prevent contamination in pools according to the CDC, they are important for public places and may even be required.7)https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/swimming/swimmers/swim-diapers-swim-pants.html Reuseable cloth swim diapers are definitely superior to disposable swim diapers.
We are so excited companies like Bambino Mio are making cloth diapering easy for families. We are impressed with the quality, sturdiness, and convenience of these products. Giving an expectant mother a set of these diapers, even if she intends to use disposables, would impact her decision. If nothing else, having them on hand for when the disposables run out could start the conversion.
The cloth diaper vs. disposable debate is over. They are cheaper, easy to use, better for baby’s health, and save a lot of money!
References [ + ]