When your family consists of a Celiac and a Vegan, dinner recipes can sometimes be a challenge. One of our favorite recipes from before our dietary restrictions was stuffed shells. This vegan, gluten-free recipe comes surprisingly close!
- Jovial gluten-free, organic brown rice manicotti noodles
- 2 tubs of Kite Hill almond manicotti
- 2 cups kale
- salt to taste
- 1 red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 cloves garlic
- tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook manicotti according to package. Add noodles to boiling water, cook for four minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon
- Lightly sauté finely chopped kale.
- Prepare inside mixture by combining herbs, finely chopped kale, crushed garlic, and vegan ricotta.
- Pour tomato sauce in the bottom of a glass 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Carefully spoon the ricotta mixture into the manicotti noodles. Alternately, try a pastry bag to squirt it in. Place the stuffed shells in the pan.
- Top with diced red pepper.
- Completely cover with tomato sauce.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes.
The Kite Hill ricotta can be found in many health food stores.
Our ricotta has sweet, and cultured overtones, and a buttery, smooth finish. It is moist and incredibly versatile. Its silky texture makes for a great mascarpone substitute and is ideal for desserts.
Ingredients [view label]
Almond milk (water, almonds), salt, enzymes, tartaric acid, cultures.
All of their products are great substitutions for dairy. They use traditional cheese-making techniques with nut milks.