For most babies, boobies are a playground and a yoga studio and a gymnastics center, a drive-thru smoothie shop, and a small motor skills workshop. Mom is an all-in-one docking station.
In this picture, our daughter is actually latched on and nursing, turned completely away from mama (who is not so amused).
As she got older, her antics would progress from lying on her side, just nursing peacefully, through:
- some arm circles
- bicycling with her legs
- twisting her body and reaching with her feet as far as possible
- lying-down jumping jacks
- nursing upside down (with her belly on mama’s side, leaning over)
- downward dog nursing
- walking her feet up the wall
- burrowing with her feet under our arms and legs
- nursing with her head under mama’s arm from behind
- clogging and tap-dancing step workouts
- kicking the covers off every 5 minutes
- doing the splits
- belly button exploration
- conversations about boobies (her word: bee-boos)
- multiple pee breaks
- and then getting up and starting to play just when we thought she was going to sleep.
What’s your most memorable boobie gymnastics event?
Related breastfeeding articles:
- Mother’s Milk Giveaway: World Breastfeeding Week
- Mother’s Milk: Breastfeeding Olympics with your Toddler
- Mother’s Milk: Boobie Boot Camp