Sometimes it is difficult to write reviews on beauty products. I am not expert on whether ingredients are toxic, natural, or naturally derived. I also cannot effectively test product claims. The first step when I open a new box of beauty products is to look at the ingredient list. If I see words that I cannot pronounce, have weird numbers, and too many syllables, I find that a cause for concern and begin to investigate.
We were sent a line of beauty products by [amazon_link id=”B007NJT912″ target=”_blank” ]Elure[/amazon_link] “available only from Dermatologists, Plastic Surgeons and other medical aesthetic providers”, yet you can find it on Amazon:) Using words like “advanced” and “natural”, this line is supposed to even skin tone, something I could definitely use as I age.
Formulated with the naturally occurring enzyme, Melanozyme™, elure is a gentle, non-irritating alternative to hydroquinone that generates results in as little as four weeks, with optimal results seen in eight to twelve weeks. Scientifically proven, Melanozyme™ breaks up existing melanin and decreases over-production to improve uneven discoloration for a visibly brighter and more luminous skin tone.
The [amazon_link id=”B007NJT912″ target=”_blank” ]elure Advanced Skin Brightening[/amazon_link]™ system consists of:
- [amazon_link id=”B007NJT82C” target=”_blank” ]elure Advanced Face Wash[/amazon_link]: Lathers into a rich and creamy foam that removes dirt and dead skin cells, and preps the skin for the Lotion or Cream. ($35)
- [amazon_link id=”B007NJT912″ target=”_blank” ]elure Advanced Brightening Lotion[/amazon_link]: Melanozyme™ brightens, softens, and retexturizes skin morning and night. (45 mL for $125)
- [amazon_link id=”B007NJT9OO” target=”_blank” ]elure Advanced Brightening Night Cream[/amazon_link]: Also with Melanozyme™ to brighten and provide a mega dose of hydration. (50 mL for $125)
- [amazon_link id=”B00GOYD8XC” target=”_blank” ]elure Advanced Regimen Gift Set[/amazon_link]: Comes with all 3 Products listed above. ($225)
These products are expensive, so they better deliver:) Actually, they have been studied clinically with the following results:
elure is the only range of comprehensive, scientifically-based products to take corrective action to diminishe the appearance of stubborn discoloration and uneven skin tone. The elure product line has been clinically researched and found to provide much faster appearance improvement when compared to other products on the market. Clinical studies showed the following when used twice a day for 28 days:
- 82% of the subjects demonstrated a significant decrease in their Melanin index.*
- 91% of the subjects showed an overall improvement in fairness and skin tone.*
* Skin brightening clinical study conducted in Asia by Dermscan, France.
Elure has won awards from Allure magazine.
As far as those ingredients that give me caution, I looked a few up on Skin Deep. Skin Deep evaluates ingredients with hazard scores, but it does not prioritize natural over manmade. elure’s active enzyme is naturally derived, but there are a lot of other ingredients. A few ingredients I looked up were:
- Dimethicone: Skin Deep hazard score of 3. It is a chemically synthesized silicone.
- Polyisobutene: Skin Deep hazard score of 1. It is a polymer obtained from petroleum.
- PEG-4 Laurate: Skin Deep hazard score of 5. It is a surfactant emulsifier derived from the fatty acids in coconut oil.
There are many more ingredients to investigate, but you get the picture. Elure does not claim to be “all natural”, just the mushroom enzyme Melanozyme™ is naturally occurring but not actually listed on the ingredient list. The enzyme is manufactured in Switzerland, but the products are made in the Philippines.
In general, I try to use natural beauty products with ingredient lists that are easy to read and score lower than a three by Skin Deep. Sometimes, I feel it is ok to make exceptions, but not for long-term use.
The best natural beauty tip is to drink more water!
[amazon_enhanced asin=”B007NJT912″ /][amazon_enhanced asin=”B007NJT82C” /][amazon_enhanced asin=”B00H4V7B96″ /][amazon_enhanced asin=”B00GOYD8XC” /]