This vegan dal soup recipe is adapted from Lord Krishna’s Cuisine The Art of Indian Vegetarian Cooking by Yamuna Devi. I have simplilfied the steps and used all vegan ingredients. It truly is the best vegan dal soup recipe ever!
The Best Vegan Dal Soup Recipe Ever!
Vegan Dal Soup Recipe with Cauliflower
This simple one pot dal recipe is delicious and easy to make. I often double the recipe so we have lots of leftovers.
Write a review
- 6 Tablespoons red lentils
- 3 Tablespoons basmati rice
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon asafatida
- 1/2 dried chili (optional)
- 1/2 inch grated fresh ginger (can substitute powder ginger)
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 5 1/4 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients in one pot. Cook until the lentils are soft and broken down. Puree in a blender or with a hand blender. Add black pepper and garnish with cilantro if desired.
Adapted from Lord Krishna's Cuisine: The Art of Indian Vegetarian Cooking
Eco Child's Play https://ecochildsplay.com/
I recommend using a hand immersion blender to puree. They are great tools that make soup making easy. They are also usesful for making your own baby food. Also, you should be able to find any of the spices at your local health food store or coop. Enjoy!
Lucy Clarke says
Amazing recipe!! It’s easy to make and it’s a recipe I haven’t seen before so I will most definitely try it and share it with my friends!!
Jennifer Lance says
It’s perfect for rainy, winter days!