Does Santa have food sensitivities and allergies? Is he a celiac?
It can be challenging finding good recipes that work for family and guests with food sensitivities and allergies. The following recipe is allergen free. It does not contain common allergies like:
- 2 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup safflower oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (make sure gluten-free alcohol)
- 1 cup Pascha Organic Semi Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips (soy free)
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Combine both the wet and dry ingredients together. Add up to a 1/4 of additional water if needed. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- From into balls in your hands, then place on an oiled cookie sheet. Flatten the cookies gently if you want that shape. They will not flatten when cooking.
- Cook for 15-17 minutes at 350 degrees.
- These cookies are really good dipped in almond milk!
This vegan, gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe is adapted from The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook. To make it gluten-free, use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour. It also features soy-free dark chocolate chips by Pascha. Most chocolate chips contain soy lecithin, and thus are not allergen-free.
If you want these cookies to be more cookie shape, gently press them down on the cookie sheet. They will not expand the way traditional chocolate chip cookies do in the oven.
These vegan, gluten-free chocolate chip cookies meet all the dietary restrictions of my family. We love them!