These delicious muffins can be made into cupcakes by adding cream cheese frosting.
- 1 cup safflower oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups 1-to-1 gluten-free flour (I use King Arthur)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend oil, sugar, coconut milk, and water together.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking, powder, salt, and spices.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Add the carrot and nuts mixing well.
- Fill lined muffin pan cups with the batter.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on your oven.
I find that gluten-free baked goods require slightly longer cooking times. I bake these muffins for 45 minutes, but I begin checking them at 35 minutes.
Rye Bennet says
This looks delicious.