Dry skin has many causes. One of the most obvious causes is washing. Water, the very source of hydration internally for our bodies, can have the opposite effect on our skin. Coupled with cleansers, our facial skin may respond by drying out and/or excessive oil consumption to compensate.
How many times a day do you wash your face? The answer is probably two or more. Replacing one of these washings with a gentle rinse-free cleanser will keep your skin hydrated and young.
What is micellar water?
Used by European women, micellar water is gentle way to cleanse your face. Elle explains:
Turns out micellar water has been around for over a hundred years, first gaining momentum in France, where it was designed to help Parisians deal with the region’s infamously harsh water supply. The formula is made of micelles, which are tiny oil molecules suspended in soft water. “The technology of it is actually quite old, dating back from research at the University of Bristol in 1913,” says dermatologist and Simple skincare expert Dr. Debra Luftman. “Micelles are attracted to dirt, grime, and oil, and they draw out impurities without drying out your skin,” she explains. Rather than containing a foamy solution that strips your skin and leaves behind harsh chemicals, micelles cling on to the dirt and makeup on your skin and dissolve them while leaving behind a glowy, hydrated finish.1)http://www.elle.com/beauty/makeup-skin-care/news/a27149/can-micellar-water-replace-your-whole-cleansing-and-moisturizing-routine/
We were sent From the Lab’s AM/PM Cleanser No. 586 a micellar water cleanser containing winged kelp, black willow bark, ginseng extract, and tomato stem cell culture.
With a ground-breaking formula that has never been available in the U.S. before, AM/PM Cleanser No. 586 removes makeup, cleanses, tones, and treats your skin in one step while eliminating the need to rinse your face. AM/PM Cleanser No. 586 improves on traditional micellar waters that use oil to encapsulate and dissolve makeup, dirt, and pollution by introducing non-comedogenic oil-free cleansing molecules and adding cutting-edge anti-aging ingredients. Applied with a cotton pad, it preserves skin’s natural moisture levels and maximizes the beneficial impact of ingredients to improve the overall appearance of your complexion.
Specially formulated to benefit all skin types, AM/PM Cleanser No. 586 delivers multiple benefits to your daily skin care routine. It softens and smooths dry skin; moisturizes, exfoliates, and tightens pores to even out combination skin; and soothes irritated, distressed skin to reduce blotchiness and minimize inflammation – all while protecting you from the heavy metals and environmental toxins that can accelerate the signs of premature aging.
- Winged Kelp hydrates and promotes elasticity to revitalize and tone your skin.
- Fomes Officinalis Mushroom moisturizes skin, tightens pores, and acts as an astringent to reduce oily shine and even out the complexion.
- Black Willow Bark Extract offers the benefits of a beta hydroxy acid treatment without the risk of irritation. It enhances antimicrobial action to soothe, purify, and improve the overall appearance of your skin.
- Tomato Stem Cell Culture binds heavy metals to help protect your skin from pollution and free radicals while stimulating collagen production. Its antioxidant benefits alleviate the appearance of premature aging caused by free radicals and heavy metal stress.
- Ginseng Extract promotes remineralization, giving you a more even skin tone while minimizing the signs of aging.
- Organically-cultivated Peppermint Floral Water imparts antiseptic properties to soothe, relax, and refresh inflamed skin.
- Allantoin acts as a temporary anti-irritant to immediately soothe distressed skin.2)https://fromthelab.com/Shop/am-pm-cleanser-586
I didn’t have any cotton balls or pads to try this product, so I used a piece of toilet paper. It worked great!
I love the way this product smells, and it left my face feeling cleansed. It’s also much simpler than washing with soap and water, and it would be great for travel.
This product is not evaluated by the Environmental Working Group. I did search a few ingredients. All had low hazard scores.
Micellar water is wonderful for all skin types. It has definitely become part of my regular facial cleansing routine.
ambroochizafer / Pixabay
References [ + ]