Cleaning…the inevitable, daily chore we sometimes dread. This effort to make your home clean can come with unintentional heavy toxic side effects. Switching to green cleaning products is one of the most impactful ways to improve your family’s health and lessen your impact on the environment. Many household cleaning products contain ingredients that are known human carcinogens or have other toxicities. Common cleaning ingredients of concern include:
- Quaternary ammonium compounds
- Sodium borate
In addition to these scary ingredients, most cleaning products do not fully disclose their ingredients, including many green brands like Earth Friendly Products. Without full disclosure, it is uncertain whether the products truly are safer alternatives.https://www.ewg.org/guides/cleaners/content/findings#.WkKE-7bMw6g
Eco-Friendly, Natural Cleaning Products You Can Trust by good green cleaner
Switching to eco-friendly, natural cleaning products sounds easy, but it can be very confusing. Marketing terms and lack of disclosure causes befuddlement. Fortunately, there are ethical companies that want to keep your family healthy and deliver natural cleaning products that work. Take for example good green cleaner.
We were sent four good green cleaner products plus additional refill caps sets. I get excited to clean when I have new, safe products to try.
What makes these products unique? How do they work?
These eco-friendly products are super simple to use. 90% of most cleaners consist of water. Reducing the weight of these products by letting the consumer add the water saves a lot of energy in transportation and waste. Unlike other cleaning products from concentrate, good green cleaner houses the concentrate in the lid, so you never need to touch it. Furthermore, the entire set up is recyclable. Simply add water, screw on the concentrate lid, invert a few times, then replace with the sprayer nozzle.
Using innovative biotechnology, good green cleaner is bio-based and biodegradable.
How Good Green Cleaner Works
- Water activates good bacteria
- Produces enzymes
- Enzymes break up dirt
- Good bacteria digests dirt
- Keeps multiplying and producing enzymes until nothing left to digest
- Leaves nothing behind
Additionally, these safe, green cleaners keep working for 80 hours after application! That’s amazing! Here are the products we tried. All of them work great!
good green cleaner Starter Set Glass & Multi-Surface Cleaner and Refill Set
Streak-free and effortless window cleaning, this product worked great to remove muddy dog paw prints from my glass doors. It is ammonia-free and uses naturally derived alcohol. Ammonia causes problems in people with asthma and other respiratory issues. This product also removes any petroleum reside left behind from previous toxic glass cleaners. The refill set is a great value and provides enough concentrate to fill two 32 ounce bottles.
good green cleaner Starter Set Kitchen Cleaner and Degreaser and Refill Set
This product is effective for cleaning counters, stovetops, refrigerators, and other kitchen surfaces. It even cleans magic markers from walls and cuts grease on tough grills. It is free of lye commonly found in kitchen degreasers. Lye can cause sore throats when inhaled and is extremely caustic causing skin burns. Good green cleaner kitchen cleaner is also powerful at removing carpet stains safely.
good green cleaner Starter Set Odor Eliminator & All Purpose Cleaner and Refill Set
Four enzymes in this product work create “good” bacteria that digests “bad” bacteria causing unpleasant odors. Like all the good green cleaners, this spray is phosphate free, chlorine free, 2-butoxyethanol free, ammonia free, and alcohol-free. It is free of animal by-products. Odor eliminators and spot removers often contain perchloroethylene (PERC), the chemical used in dry cleaning. PERC is “reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen” and should be avoided.https://toxtown.nlm.nih.gov/text_version/chemicals.php?id=22 You can rest assured good green cleaner does not contain PERC, yet still works effectively.
good green cleaner Starter Set Bathroom Tub & Tile Cleaner and Refill Set
Hard water mineral stains can be challenging to remove naturally. This product uses a mild bio-acid to dissolve soap scum, mildew, and hard water crud safely. It even whitens grout! It’s great for toilets, showers, sinks, etc.
We’ve tried other green cleaning products from concentrate. Pouring in powders and then mixing with water sounds simple enough, but often they don’t dissolve completely and require repeated shaking each time you use it. Not so with good green cleaner. The concentrate remains full mixed with the water after the first mixing.
What Happens When You Switch to Green Household Cleaning Products?
- Save money: When you buy product concentrates, you are don’t pay for the water content of pre-mixed brands. As a consumer, you are not paying for the heavy shipping costs of added water, and refills are far less expensive than purchasing new cleaning products each time they run out. It is estimated you save 75%!
- Pets are safe: We often don’t consider the effects of our cleaning products on our pets. My dogs are window lickers. With green household cleaners, I don’t have to worry about what toxic residues they may be ingesting from window cleaner residue.
- Indoor air quality improves: Astonishingly, indoor air quality is typically more polluted than outside air. One culprit is toxic cleaning products that exacerbate health issues such as asthma. These products also leave behind toxic residues and off gas.
- Reduce the risk of carcinogenic exposure: In California, products with known ingredients that cause cancer are labeled by Proposition 65 law. This warning does not cover items that are “possible” or “probable” or “likely” human carcinogens. Cleaning products are not required to fully disclose their ingredients to consumers, and many contain ingredients “reasonably anticipated to be human carcinogens”. Why take the risk when safer, green cleaning products are just as effective?
- Kids can help you clean: Due to the safe nature of green household cleaners, no rubber gloves are required. You don’t have to worry about your children being exposed to potential carcinogens while cleaning, so you can encourage them to help.
- Reduce waste and space: Reusing the same cleaning spray bottle and only purchasing concentrates reduces your landfill impact, as well as requires less cabinet storage for cleaning ingredients.
- Reduce your carbon footprint: Buying concentrates and using only recyclable, reusable spray bottles, reduces your carbon footprint. Furthermore, choosing companies like good green cleaner that manufacture with renewable energy reduces our collective carbon impact.
It’s simple and easy to switch to green household cleaning products. The benefits are great, and there is really no reason not to make the change. Effective, non-toxic, and affordable products like good green cleaner make change a no-brainer.
StockSnap / Pixabay
Leave a Reply